Preparing people for eternity through winning them to Christ and teaching them to do the same.
The Campground Church of God was built in 1958 on land donated by Earnest Parton. Worley Higgins was the first pastor, followed by Chester Shelton, Odie Allen, Brother Norris, Rommie Britt, Jr., Clyde Cunningham, Paul Preston, Charles Erwin, Max Nichols, Larrie Pike, and the present pastor, Stephen Aiken. During the course of its history, the church purchased additional property to add more Sunday School rooms, a Fellowship Hall, and a parsonage. With over fifty years of service to God and community, the Campground Church of God exists to fulfill it’s mission in preparing people for eternity through winning them to Christ, training, and equipping them to do the same.